Saturday, January 17, 2009

Doll for my sister and ordered some jar labels


Hi everyone!I just wanted to post a picture of a doll that I just finished making for my sister.No,it is not my usual grungy,primitive style and believe me,it was so hard for me not to stain and grunge up this doll but my sister does not like primitive and she doesn't even like country,she is more froo-froo modern...LOL.I really couldn't believe it when she called and asked if I could make a doll for her.She told me to get out my Country Sampler magazine and she told me what page to look for the doll.My sister works in the office at the Hickory,NC Hobby Lobby and while she was on a break she was looking through Country Sampler and found the doll and she said she just had to have it to put in her office because it was holding a pillow with the same saying that she always says every morning when she comes into work...I'm up and dressed what more do you want!I told her I would do my best but it would be my version of the doll so here it is.I gave it black hair because my sister has black hair.She hasn't saw it yet,unless she reads my blog tonight...LOL.I hope she will like it.Tomorrow I am back to my grungy primitive dolls!

I also wanted to tell everyone that I just ordered some great primitive jar labels.I saw them on the Tomatoe Creek Prims blog and I just fell in love with those jars and I knew I had to have some.I got in touch with Susie and got my order in.I can't wait to get them!I already have a couple of jars and I wouldn't let Mark throw away a salsa jar today...LOL...I thought it would look good with a label on it.So now I am gathering jars...LOL.If you have not saw the great labels made by Susie then you need to check out her listings on ebay and lemonpoppyseeds...her Id is yankeelaneprimitives.Once you see her labels you will have to have some too!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Prim hugs,

Tammy

3 comments:

  1. I had to order some for myself too. I got mine yesterday. Susie was so sweet. I chatted back and forth in email with her. She told me that she use to live in Cameron. That's not to far from me. She said she has been very busy with the labels.

    I hope you get yours soon, if you havent already. I just love'em.

    Great job on the doll. She's a cutie. It is hard to not grunge things up ain't it. Makes me feel like they are nekked... LOL.

    Have a good day, hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy,
    Susie is a sweetie!I saw on her ebay listing that her location was Cameron but when she gave me her mailing address is said KS so I assumed she must have recently moved from NC to KS.I was thinking another NC primitive girl!Cameron is a ways from me.I live closer to Charlotte and I am only 20 miles from Hickory.
    I just ordered the labels last night so hopefully it won't take them too long to get to me.I am so excited about getting them!You need to post some pictures of your finished jars...I would love to see them!Thanks for the nice comments on the doll I made for my sister.I have got to get it to her before I grunge it...LOL.
    Prim hugs,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tammy, I have to say I love this doll....sometimes it's great to get away from the Primitive and see what else is out there.

    Oh, and I ordered some of the labels yesterday too!
    Aren't they just the greatest.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete